The online racing simulator
Quote from zeugnimod :After joining the My3id IRC channel earlier tonight, I'm not surprised anymore.

I'm not like this, I swear!!
Quote from zeugnimod :After joining the My3id IRC channel earlier tonight, I'm not surprised anymore.

Im scared

Youd better do your best at swearing it to convince me
Here, I edited couple of pictures from yesterdays event. Sry for LQ skins, I don't have your HQ skins.

One of the pictures is .jpg, because in .png it was over 2 mb, and the limit is like 1.x mb, but I don't think that it lost it's quality after saving it as .jpg!
Attached images
h2h.jpg
h2h2.png
I just woke up and can't find the promised updated chapionship standings!

I am sad now: :sadbanana

Quote from andRo. :Here, I edited couple of pictures from yesterdays event. Sry for LQ skins, I don't have your HQ skins.

One of the pictures is .jpg, because in .png it was over 2 mb, and the limit is like 1.x mb, but I don't think that it lost it's quality after saving it as .jpg!

Those are excellent pictures! If you don't mind, I will use those when we update the website.
No, I don't mind. You can do whatever you want with them.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Those are excellent pictures! If you don't mind, I will use those when we update the website.

+1. Nice usage of levels and curves. DO MORE!

BTW, I noticed that the 2nd image's top cut (the black, widescreen sections) does not complete the frame. You might want to delete those 15 or 20 pixels on the left side of that segment.
I didn't even notice it. Thx for telling...fixed it.
Quote from zeugnimod :I just woke up and can't find the promised updated chapionship standings!

I am sad now: :sadbanana

I blame Benjamim Button.

Edit: -----------------------------------------------------------

Stats are up along with the results sheet on our website. Two new drivers made it into the top 10, Tim in tenth and Bernhard Bendl in nineth - congrats you are famous now and appear in the front page.

I won't spoil the other position changes, see for yourself.
WoooO! Top 10 buddy! (without my penalty I would be tied with Bernhard!)
1 point behind ya, Blackbird! MUAHAHAHAHHA
Nice, the points are pretty close between 4th to 7th place, so next event promises to be hard and fun.
Guess, who's who?

EDIT: BTW. just ended watching replays. Nolan, you'd better be grateful that Scawen hasn't implemented proper damage model yet. :P
Attached images
guesswho.JPG
I watched it too, and it was worse than i thought, you just used him as a brake, if you didn't hit him you'd have missed the apex imo you also made rudy get very sideways. You werent "on his exhaust" coming up to the last corner either. Ill stick me neck out and say rudy would have won if you didn't hit him...
Wow. Watch the replay between Rudy and Nolan two times. One in Nolan's car, and one time in Rudy's. In Nolan's car, it looks like a very small hit, but in Rudy's car, it looks like a big hit.

I wont say anything more.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :if you didn't hit him you'd have missed the apex

No I wouldn't... I even locked the tires and the apex was satisfactory.

Pearcy, you seem to need some guidance in understanding the crash, so go watch the WR braking zone for that corner. The car has a greater speed going into the corner and still brakes later... Regardless of which, it was well within slip streaming range.

I think Rudy summed it up really well in one of our conversations. The LFS physics simply over emphasizes the contact. In real life, Rudy's car wouldn't have gotten that loose. Just like the iTCC crash I was in with Lind... That stuff just isn't supposed to happen.
Not even physics... Just latency and netcode, I think
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Not even physics... Just latency and netcode, I think

Yeah, pretty much. I should have said that it's the netcode and latency that messes up our physics.
Quote from BigTime :No I wouldn't... I even locked the tires and the apex was satisfactory.

Pearcy, you seem to need some guidance in understanding the crash, so go watch the WR braking zone for that corner. The car has a greater speed going into the corner and still brakes later... Regardless of which, it was well within slip streaming range.

I think Rudy summed it up really well in one of our conversations. The LFS physics simply over emphasizes the contact. In real life, Rudy's car wouldn't have gotten that loose. Just like the iTCC crash I was in with Lind... That stuff just isn't supposed to happen.

Dude i had the WR before the event and im still quicker than you there, so maybe your the one needing some guidance on the braking zones? I know that corner well enough to know you were pretty close to the overshoot area, rudy braked earlier to get a better exit but when you hit him you totally ****ed up the plan, so hes braked a hole lot earlier than you, then you hit him mess up his exit and he slows you down to get a better exit.

Yeah the LFS physics are messed up but how long have you been playing for? you should know by now, no?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Dude i had the WR before the event and im still quicker than you there, so maybe your the one needing some guidance on the braking zones?

Considering the fact you thought I would miss that apex confirms who needs the guidance. :elefant:

The early braking that you referred to is what forced the lock up. The part about the LFS physics that is notable is the fact that it is unpredictable and sometimes (not all the time pearcy) unrealistic. This was the whole reason for bringing it up, and I just figured you would know that by now...

I'm pretty much done discussing this publicly until someone involved with the incident (that means Rudy or myself Pearcy) feels the need to further discuss it. We've talked about this on MSN and that's where we're going to keep the discussion for now. Your more than entitled to post your opinions, but I'm going to stay out of it from here on out.
-
(Chrisuu01) DELETED by Chrisuu01
Guys, I think you should calm down...

1. It was an accident, that happens every day on LFS. There is no way we can avoid them forever, so you shouldn't get too mad about it.

2. Everyone knows that Rudy and Nolan are very good racers, so I think they can discuss this by themselves, and they know better what to do etc.

3. Your WR has nothing to do with Nolan's and Rudy's accident. And neither does Nolan's LFS experience. I think even the best drivers make mistakes, and everyone always will. We've all been in the accidents, and we've all have crashed someone etc., so we shouldn't yell at the other person when he makes a mistake, even if he has a lot of experience in LFS. (Not in all situations though. I'm not talking about crashers, who crash on purpose etc.)

4. The guy who is behind is responsible of not hitting the person in front. That means if the person brakes too early or something else goes wrong, you must be ready to avoid it or not to hit the person in front of you. (Nothing against Nolan, or Rudy, I just think it was "another" everyday accident.)

5. The combo was pretty tough, and it was very easy to spin the car around.

6. And if Rudy has nothing to say about it anymore, and they've discussed it privately, then we shouldn't be discussing it here on forum anymore.

Let's just forget about it, and prepare for next event.
-
(BigTime) DELETED by BigTime
I will need to agree. There was no complaint filed to the admins, and therefore it stands as a simple racing incident. I've watched the replay several times, and although one could argue that Nolan would have been in the slip stream without the bump, the bump did cause Rudy to lose some time. Nolan could have passed right away had he continued turning in and used his speed, but instead he did the respectful, sportsmanlike thing by slowing with the competitor, and staying behind. Yes, he did keep some of the speed advantage, and did get further into the slip stream, but this was a racing incident. Nobody can claim otherwise, and this discussion is over. Go discuss the final event pre-race. It is only 2 weeks away and will be incredibly important for the championship; Rudy still has a fighting chance to take the win, and a lot of other people are fighting for positions within the lower ranks as well! Great championship going on guys!

Head-to-Head: Winter Series '09 - Event 4
(122 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG