The online racing simulator
I'm very understanding of people who are new to LFS, new to racing etc.

But it's a very busy server (normally 20+ people) and for people to come in, who have NO experience, and invariably cause a large amount of accidents should simply not be taking part. None of the beginners read the (very informative and perfectly transparent) set of rules and regulations, often because they have no interest in them... and it shows.

It's simply selfish for Person A to ruin Person B, C, D, E, F, G and H's racing because Person A doesn't know 'how to race'. That's nothing but my personal opinion.

Some nights are better than others (tonight for example, no "major" accidents in 9 or 10 races), but if you're going to have that amount of people racing, there should be an "acceptable minimum" level of skill.
But where else would you have them learn it?
Demo servers for the most part only teach you to drive looking in your rearveiw to avoid the crasher.
Why not learn to race here? Where the people are supposed to be clean and fair. This should be the perfect place to learn. All that is needed is some helping hands to teach the required skills.

Edit: I know what your saying. And the new people need to have some common sense as well.
The only issue I have is the behaviour of (new) drivers when :

A) Rejoining after an accident/crash
B) Blue flag behaviour (I wouldn't mind if they were faster than me), they sit on the racing line at 12mph, pull into you as you go to pass them, etc
C) Making 'divebomb' passes, by that I mean trying to pass where it's actually not safe/impossible to pass at a given section of track, being 'T1 hereos" and the like.

Racecraft is applied on all servers, one should race the same on a demo server as they would when racing in an organised league.

The problem is that on a server that busy (As Race 1 is), if you don't know your 'racecraft', you'll only end up causing accidents, and not learning anything while doing it. The biggest problem is that people don't bother being observant, (I.e not looking in thier mirrors and double checking the map (if they use it) before pulling back out after an accident, pushing a fellow racer off the track because they "don't realise they're there" and that that other car needed space as well).

To be ****ing honest, it's not the 'racecraft' that's the problem. It's people's general ignorance to others around them on the racetrack.
As to your last point. These are the people that get (Hopefully) weeded out on this server by the report function. Then all that progress to the Race2 server are clean and curtious drivers. (I know this is not always the case but the vast majority are.)
Yeah, whenever R2 has a nice spread of TBO and STD drivers (5 or 6 of each or so), it makes for great fun. Normally it's familiar faces from the Forum, so it's (generally) a much nicer enviroment to race in, cleaner and more friendly.

The XRT suits me as well so it ain't half bad for stats either lol

Only problem though, with the report function is that it's all but broken at the moment. I'm not overly bothered anymore, only reporting the most annoying/repetitive of wrecker.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Only problem though, with the report function is that it's all but broken at the moment. I'm not overly bothered anymore, only reporting the most annoying/repetitive of wrecker.

:shhh: Don't give potential wreckers the impression CTRA isn't adminned anymore.
Many good points above.
Personally I moved away from Race 1 as soon as I could.
This was despite the fact that it was great to race against quick people - Gold/Platinum+ - and I learned a lot about driving etc. from them. Most of them were really chilled about beginner incidents, and expected it because, hey, it's the beginner server for pete's sake

But ironically, the main reason I moved up was not because of the newbies but actually because of some of the OTHER Gold/Platinum people - the ones who:
a) don't appreciate that beginner people are there to learn, and flame them a lot, spoiling everyone's enjoyment
b) don't understand that being quick and coming up behind a backmarker who is shown a blue flag does not entitle them to barge past rudely - the backmarker does NOT have to dive out of the way (unless a mid-race joiner of course)
c) have failed, in fact, to understand the rules about blues in general - in particular they whinge when they lose any time at all, even though the rules instruct them to expect it; they also send "BLUE!!!" messages with hotkeys and honk the horn even though the rules expressly forbid it...

For me at least, those people made R1 a not-fun place to be when they were online.

Ahem. Rant over.

But as for Race 2 - yes, it's a dead duck right now so anything to revive it would be cool. Perhaps some of the quick people could post setups on Setupgrid too? Cos when you join the server and it's pretty much empty, the one or two people there tend to be just 'visiting' and don't have decent sets for the cars! A casual look on setupgrid (last time I played with R2) didn't give me much joy.
Mmm, yeah.. some of the "OMG GTFO MY WAY BLUE FLAG!!!" spammers are a bit much, and normally it tends to be Silver+ users who do this.

Neilser, try a Westhill set for the XRT. Just shorten some of the gear ratios a bit. Before I went away and made my own set, it worked pretty well across all the tracks I tried it on.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Neilser, try a Westhill set for the XRT. Just shorten some of the gear ratios a bit. Before I went away and made my own set, it worked pretty well across all the tracks I tried it on.

Cool - will give that a go, thanks
Quote from Neilser :Many good points above.
Personally I moved away from Race 1 as soon as I could.
This was despite the fact that it was great to race against quick people - Gold/Platinum+ - and I learned a lot about driving etc. from them. Most of them were really chilled about beginner incidents, and expected it because, hey, it's the beginner server for pete's sake

But ironically, the main reason I moved up was not because of the newbies but actually because of some of the OTHER Gold/Platinum people - the ones who:
a) don't appreciate that beginner people are there to learn, and flame them a lot, spoiling everyone's enjoyment
b) don't understand that being quick and coming up behind a backmarker who is shown a blue flag does not entitle them to barge past rudely - the backmarker does NOT have to dive out of the way (unless a mid-race joiner of course)
c) have failed, in fact, to understand the rules about blues in general - in particular they whinge when they lose any time at all, even though the rules instruct them to expect it; they also send "BLUE!!!" messages with hotkeys and honk the horn even though the rules expressly forbid it...

For me at least, those people made R1 a not-fun place to be when they were online.

Ahem. Rant over.

But as for Race 2 - yes, it's a dead duck right now so anything to revive it would be cool. Perhaps some of the quick people could post setups on Setupgrid too? Cos when you join the server and it's pretty much empty, the one or two people there tend to be just 'visiting' and don't have decent sets for the cars! A casual look on setupgrid (last time I played with R2) didn't give me much joy.

Good points. I friggin hate "Blue Flag" spammers!!!! All I can say is report them every time.

Also for well balanced sets try "General Inferno" sets. They are usually well balanced and symmetrical so they can actually turn both directions.
Although its not written on the CTRA website, I was sure there was a rule introduced a while back that stated, when a driver spams "BLUEFLAG" or similar message, the driver in front (about to be lapped) has the option to "race" the spammer, including not giving way on the racing line.
This rule may or may not still be in force on the servers, but I think all agree that both blueflag spamming and circumvertion of the swear filter are 2 of the most annoying traits seen at CTRA servers recently.

Still some very nice little battles and races on Race1 the last few nights I've been on

SD.
I believe that the "blue flag spammer right to fight" rule was revoked after it caused more trouble than it was good for, hence why it's now removed from the rules..

But I stand to be corrected, I'm sure.
Quote from Toddshooter :Also for well balanced sets try "General Inferno" sets. They are usually well balanced and symmetrical so they can actually turn both directions.

Sounds good... Where would I find them? Sorry if dumb question! (Had a look already and just found a setupgrid-like Setupfield on the Team Inferno website but no sign of General Inferno sets specifically.)

Quote from SparkyDave :Although its not written on the CTRA website, I was sure there was a rule introduced a while back that stated, when a driver spams "BLUEFLAG" or similar message, the driver in front (about to be lapped) has the option to "race" the spammer, including not giving way on the racing line.

Wow! That could have been a lot of fun
I can see though why it could also have had somewhat, eh, mixed results :bitehard:
Quote from Neilser :Sounds good... Where would I find them? Sorry if dumb question! (Had a look already and just found a setupgrid-like Setupfield on the Team Inferno website but no sign of General Inferno sets specifically.)

Wow! That could have been a lot of fun
I can see though why it could also have had somewhat, eh, mixed results :bitehard:

Your right they are not on the Inferno site. I'll shoot a few too you when we see each other online.
On second thought here's a link to our site and you can download the sets.
http://www.rsradicals.com/webs ... loads.php?do=cat&id=4
i've almost given up on the Race 1 server. since i moved to single seats i've had a lot more fun and have much closer races.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG