The online racing simulator
Manual: For CTRA
(19 posts, started )
Hello

STEP 1

How to make a report, when you type $report you should say,

REPORTS

"New Report" And enter the description on what happend and replay to prove it, and the lap it happend on the day and a admin should see it asap.

Step 2

To submit it goto the CTRA Website.

Step 3

Check on the $report interface.
#2 - Jakg
Also, with CTRA being report flooded anyway, I'd rather advise people to lean back, breath deeply and relax before reporting something that's most likely a race incident and will only waste the admins time to review.

I do it like that and I never ever raised a report...
Quote from hyntty :So do I. Should we form a club?

The "We take a deep breath and carefully consider our reports before we make one club"?

WTADBACCORBWMOC

It would suit the LFS forum, since we have about 20 of these things already.
Please don't.
I agree that you should relax and review before reporting, but the system can only work if some reports are submitted (preferably valid ones) or if all racers in CTRA are faultless.
I propose you refrain from reporting when the latest is reached
That's not what he said. Or what I said. Imo only people who clearly have no intention of following any rules, wreckers in other words, should be reported. I'm betting most of the reports are completely useless and raised with too little reason. It's an online game after all. All kinds of weird things happen. Including accidents.
Quote from hyntty :That's not what he said. Or what I said. Imo only people who clearly have no intention of following any rules, wreckers in other words, should be reported. I'm betting most of the reports are completely useless and raised with too little reason. It's an online game after all. All kinds of weird things happen. Including accidents.

I have 3 reports pending for 1 month now. One of them is a deliberate track cutting incident (on 3-4 straight laps), the other one is one who completely disregards the braking zone and spins out the car in front of him, taking out a 2nd car in the process. The 3rd one is just a simple case where the driver shows no racecraft whatsoever, impeding another driver.

There is no point in raising reports anymore, they will be dealt with in a year or so, until then the driver at fault might be long gone. I can understand the workload associated with all the reports (must be huge), but still, find a solution.
Quote from (The Stig) :Hello

STEP 1

How to make a report, when you type $report you should say,

REPORTS

"New Report" And enter the description on what happend and replay to prove it, and the lap it happend on the day and a admin should see it asap.

Step 2

To submit it goto the CTRA Website.

Step 3

Check on the $report interface.

i'm still waiting on my friggin driving lessons Stig.
wtf.
No offense, you're better off without his lessons.
Quote from hyntty :I'm betting most of the reports are completely useless and raised with too little reason.

Umm, I doubt it: check the STATS link on the CTRA page.
Right now, of 3529 processed reports, 1103 were dismissed - less than a third...
Quote from Neilser :Umm, I doubt it: check the STATS link on the CTRA page.
Right now, of 3529 processed reports, 1103 were dismissed - less than a third...

I'd say a third is quite a lot.
Indeed, that's more than 5000 (72% of statistics are made up) minutes wasted because someone got a bit too stressed about a small tap.

Although, if there is a wrecker, the entire server usually makes a report so that'll count for a lot of dismissed reports; you can't ban someone more than once for the same offence!
Quote from zeugnimod :I'd say a third is quite a lot.

Agreed! It's just not as bad ("most") as hyntty thought... It's encouragingly good, in fact. I guess the overhead of reporting is more or less high enough to discourage trival reports...

And I suspect that multiple reports of an incident ALL get flagged as "BAN" or whatever, rather than dismissals. But that's a guess
(Hey, 93.6% of what I say is guesswork!)
#16 - Jakg
Actually I think they get dismissed, but referenced against the ban report (but I am also guessing!)
If you report someone for an incident and they have already been banned, you are indeed given the report number that contains the ban

#18 - SamH
Quote from Jakg :Actually I think they get dismissed, but referenced against the ban report (but I am also guessing!)

They get referenced to the report that was processed but they're automatically given the same status as the processed report.

Dismissed reports are numerous. Some of them are dismissed because they're trivial, others are dismissed because they're incorrectly filed - either the wrong replay was selected or the events in the replay just don't match what the driver claims in the report.

These are the reports that cost the most time because it takes about 3x as long to confirm that an event didn't happen as it does to see an event and decide it's too trivial. Longer, if the admin (as I often do) goes searching for the correct replay to match the report.

I'm very tempted to add a checkbox to the report filing page, to confirm that the replay has been checked and the event is definitely present and as described - and mark it as an agreement that, if it's incorrectly filed, a 10% points penalty will be issued against the reporting driver. That might slow down the number of errored reports.
Thanks for the info Sam.
Giving the same status as the processed report seems the most sensible thing, indeed.

Quote from SamH :These are the reports that cost the most time because it takes about 3x as long to confirm that an event didn't happen as it does to see an event and decide it's too trivial. Longer, if the admin (as I often do) goes searching for the correct replay to match the report.

Ouch. Given how short of time you guys are (and how little fun it is to process reports at all) I'd have thought you should just drop any report with the wrong replay.

Quote from SamH :
I'm very tempted to add a checkbox to the report filing page, to confirm that the replay has been checked and the event is definitely present and as described - and mark it as an agreement that, if it's incorrectly filed, a 10% points penalty will be issued against the reporting driver. That might slow down the number of errored reports.

Excellent plan

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG