The online racing simulator
Clear the track after a race
Hi all

How about moving your vehicle at least off the track after you finished the race? It's really annoying if you want to do some kind of qualy-, test- or warm-up-lap, and the track is blocked by cars parking, doing burn outs, going reverse or even intentionally hitting others.

If you think "why must anybody do any laps between the races?" then the answer is: it doesn't matter. There sure are reasons, but I see no reason for blocking up the road, and I think it's no big effort for anyone to move out of the way.

@ the CTRA staff: maybe a message appearing on the drivers' screens after the race has finished would also help a bit.

Thanks for respecting each other.
Well, I don't think it's fair, nor would it work.

Let's face it, some races can be quite difficult, you're pushing 100% for 15 minutes, concentrating very hard. After the race, you can "relax", do burnouts, wreck your friends (although you should never repass the finish line, and if possible wreck past the first corner, so I'm told) and generally piss about.

Although, I agree that some of the people going the wrong way back around the track after a race is quite annoying, sometimes they take out people who haven't even finished!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Well, I don't think it's fair, nor would it work.

errrrrrrr.... .... like.... errrr yeah??
There has been a very similar thread some time ago, it's called After Race Crash Parties

To make a long story short, the ones who have been called the realism freaks or boring/too serious people, would like people to act sensibly. The others are the Fun Crowd, whose main arguments are 'hell this is a game!! what's wrong with you!!!!1!' and 'I need to let some steam out'.

CTRA's more or less official position is "we don't want to go against tradition".
Thanks for the summary, NightShift.

Any real alternative to CTRA then?
Real?

In terms of partecipation, at the time of the day which I'm able to race, the only alternative is a cruise server
i admit i'm guilty of doing after-race burnouts, but i usually pull off to the side and kill the engine... or keep doing laps.

the ones who drive backwards and crash into everyone are kindof annoying, but what can you do... they're not interfering with the race (doesn't driving backwards past the finish line spec you?)... so you can't really report them for wrecking either. (unless i'm wrong, in that case, report them for being nubs )
Quote from bunder9999 :(doesn't driving backwards past the finish line spec you?)

No, as soon as the leader crosses the finish line, auto-spectating for wrong-way-driving is disabled, IIRC.

If someone does that he deserves a (very) long term ban anyway, IMO.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG