The online racing simulator
CTRA and Yellow flag
(114 posts, closed, started )
#1 - Lynce
CTRA and Yellow flag
Hello everyone. This time not open a post to hang some artwork or some video.

Today I connected to a server CTRA and I had an accident with the car.

The yellow flag, then, is visible to everyone.

I maneuvered my car to put in the good sense to continue my career but with the continuous touch, have my car in reverse to the track.

In the server I had the S14 drift complaint because he thought I was running in reverse.

The only thing I was doing was maneuvering to return to move normally.

What say you? What we do in this moment?

Everyone.
Attached files
problema.rar - 1.9 MB - 485 views
I say...

Post in the right section. :chairs:
#3 - 5haz
On the road, you wouldn't pull out of a side turning into moving traffic would you?

So don't pull into a line of racing cars, especially if you are a lap down, even if the yellow flag is out, pulling into the path of a fast moving car creates an uneccesary risk and is a completely stupid thing to do, if you find you car is rolling on to the track, you can always use the brakes. Someone did something similar in a race I was in at Pembrey 2 years ago and had their license taken away, sadly, things are nowehere near as strict on the internet.

Jesus f*cking christ the amount of idiocy online right now, I've just had an encounter with someone who holds you up while being a lap down, then doesn't have a clue why you are so angry with them. Makes you wonder wether they really are driving with their f*cking heads rammed firmly up their arse.

You selected reverse gear and reversed into the path of the leaders, who would have got through easily if you had stayed still, that is the kind of thing that makes me want to throttle people sometimes, and yet you have the cheek to suggest you are not in the wrong. :thumbsdow
#4 - Lynce
I am not at all angry or upset.

Is the negative part of the internet. Can not be the mood of the people.

Returning to the topic at hand I must add that when I said that I am entitled to return to my career is that I can maneuver to keep running.

I do not mean when I'm in spectators.

Opinions, please.
I was at CTRA race1 the other night, and only a handfull of people (out of 30ish) respected the no passing under yellow rule.

To the OP, I wouldn't worry, the replay will show your good intentions to rejoin in a safe mannor I'm Sure.

SD.
This is quite funny.

(Let me make this clear, Lynce was a BACKMARKER and I was not passing anyone, I was leading....)

Here's the story : I'm having a pretty good evening on CTRA. A couple of good battles between myself and a couple of the inferno guys was making CTRA interesting for the first time in weeks.

Lap 5 comes along. I approach the chicane and brake as per normal. Around 24.50 on lap 5, you can see I actually slow down further (actually locking the brakes, something I rarely do going into that corner) to slow down because I saw Lynce had crashed.

I was going about 70% of normal pace through the chicane.

You can then see Lynce then decided to REVERSE INTO ME as I was passing him. Various arguments carried on when I spectated, with Lynce just saying that he had an accident and he could simply rejoin. I told him this was not the case, especially when there are the leading cars coming to pass you, ESPECIALLY when he's a lap down/about to be lapped.

This thread is a joke, just proves exactly what I was saying in another post, about people being IGNORANT to others around them.

Sparky, how about checking the replay which shows him NOT rejoining in a safe manner.

Sorry but this has really pissed me off.
-
(5haz) DELETED by 5haz
100% your fault Lynce, it showed a complete lack of track awareness and I wouldn't be suprised if you got punished for it, infact I would be suprised if you didn't. If I had been S14 in that situation you would have been on the end of a few more choice 4 letter words than he directed at you.
am with S14 and others on this one. You cant just reverse into a pack of cars.... should of waited......
Lol, I just realised watching that clip x2 or 4 faster makes it a whole lot more funny! All it needs now is a Benny Hill theme tune.

I ain't much of a racer, but I'll have to go with the guy who said you shouldn't be reversing in a race. Although S14 got too angry. There was no need for all that anger anyway. It's just a race in a game. At least Lynce kept his cool.
I can't open the replay. "Can't open track South City" First time I ever got that problem.
#11 - w126
Quote from Lynce :The only thing I was doing was maneuvering to return to move normally.

What say you? What we do in this moment?

First of all when joining mid-race it's a good idea not to enter the track before the leaders. They are usually quick and will soon catch you, and may be angry when you ruin their race. OTOH people like me who are happy to finish around P8 on a full CTRA Race 1 are usually calmer, as they don't have much to lose . Spectate for a while and use the map to avoid joining ahead of the leaders.
What really saddens me is that there are people who take the time to write this thread as things these people have not thought it would come to say:

"If I had been S14 in that situation you would have been on the end of a few more choice 4 letter words than I have directed at you."

Allright. Noted.

I do not reply more in this thread.
Wow. Just wow. You seem sensible on the forum Lynce . First off, mid race join. That means, if you do anything to muck anyone elses race up, you're in the shit. So, having spun and created a blockage to almost half of the track, the sensible thing would be to get out of everyones way, by pitting or spectating (there's another race in 5 laps FFS). Or at the very least, not make yourself a moving target.

But no, let's reverse and take out someone behind. Did it not occur to you that someone might be actually coming around the tightest part of the track? You didn't even look!!!

Jamie, you should've lifted instead of accelerating out of the first part of the chicane! Yellow flag does of course mean be prepared to stop, and if you see a sideways car ahead then you should be slow down enough to get past safely...

Of course, I won't even mention the fact that Lynce's incident will take months to get through the backlog of almost 500 reports...

ETA: Read the chat - Lynce says: "I have a right to become in the track" then says he knows the rules. You sir, are a prized idiot if ever I saw one.
Quote from Lynce :....

Guy come on, it's totally your fault. You can plainly see S14 Drift slow even more as he comes into the chicane and you just reverse out into traffic. The yellow flags are to alert everyone yes but you also need to be just as aware.

Your options were sit still or spectator, if you wanted to continue then you should have just sat there and waited for a clear moment, seen as you were a mid-race joiner I'd have been tempted to spectator ASAP and get out the way.

You need to be much more track aware and give other racers much more respect, as you're not the only one racing, especially as you joined mid-race. There may have been no bad intension but you just need show other people more respect (can't think of any other word) you crashed out, laps down and they are racing.

Can't believe you don't even seem to get what you did wrong and way.
Quote from boothy :
Jamie, you should've lifted instead of accelerating out of the first part of the chicane! Yellow flag does of course mean be prepared to stop, and if you see a sideways car ahead then you should be slow down enough to get past safely...

Yeah mate, I slowed down as much as I dare whilst being chased by Squassel... normally I take that chicane at 65-70mph flat out

I did my best, and at the end of the day what more can I do than that.
Numpty, I think he was referring to watching Lynce crash and then you appear!
xD oh well I feel better after making it..
Quote from Lynce :

What say you?

I say AYE!

In all seriousness, you need a better translator, this one muddles words up, although i get the general idea of what you mean, the artwork hanging part confused me though.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
Sparky, how about checking the replay which shows him NOT rejoining in a safe manner.

Sorry but this has really pissed me off.

My post was meant to be ironical and maybe a tad sarcastic
, hence the smiley

SD.
Ehh.. Sorry. I was wired so tight earlier.. it kinda ****ed my entire evening up.
joined late in race - several laps down - what could you possibly have to gain by messing up other peoples race, by slowing them down, being in the way. What?

You live in your small egocentric world where only you and your rights exist. Even if you explicitly had the right to join late, back into other racers and crash block others - even then - if you just had a minimum of respect for other racers you would stay out of the way just out of common courtesy.

But noooooo!!! Me me me me me me - me I'm 3 laps down but I want to drive onto the racing line - me me me me me. You're so caught up in your little bubble that you even come and post here thinking you're right ... christ!

Manners, courtesy, respect, being friendly saying: hey man, I messed up, please go ahead before I recover - nooooo. *I* want to join just in front of the race leaders because *I* have the right to be anywhere because everyone else has to drive around *ME*if they want to finish their race..... aaaaaargh ....

Just keep out of the way, man.

Jeeez

aceracer
This thread is closed

CTRA and Yellow flag
(114 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG