The online racing simulator
Quote from de Souza :
Q.2) Two qualification sessions with half the grid. Slower racers in the first session, faster racers in the second.

Isn't it the other way round? I was in Q2 today, and I was one of the slowest :P

Quote from de Souza :Saturday January 17th, 19:00 UTC - Race About at Aston Club Rev (RAC@AS2R)

PLEASE TELL ME THATS A JOKE.
Quote from Minimaxman :k this seems fairer, especially given the nature of some cars where slipstreaming plays a huge role and it's almost an advantage to start in second.

Well it is an advantage, that's why the guy with better time starts second. It sounds fair to me that those who try harder get a few advantages. But your idea isn't bad at all.

@Jack: Hm it might be wrong, I c&p'ed the rules from another place, will ask Tim later.

And no, the combo isn't a joke.
Yes the rule is backwards, I don't particularly remember why but I think it was to do with late comers, back in the day when we accepted them, no longer seems to be the case.
Quote from Minimaxman :... Snip ...

I don't mind the idea but as de Souza pointed out its backwards, you would actually be rewarding the slower guy a lot more than the faster because they just need to block enough to not be passed, which is actually not difficult. The reason they get knocked out immediately instead of a second chance is to keep things moving, and add the pressure that I am sure you were feeling. If you knew you had a second chance, you would be more likely to let the faster person pass and just follow them closely rather than risk it all trying to stay ahead. Look at my race, I knew I could have went on to the second match, but didn't because I was trying to get an edge for his draft...

Was fun anyways, but the rule is that way for quite a few reasons.
Procedure Change:

Quote from Old Procedure :Q.2) Two qualification sessions with half the grid. Slower racers in the first session, faster racers in the second.

Quote from New Procedure :Q.2) Two qualification sessions separating the grid. Faster racers in the first session, slower racers in the second.

Reason:The procedure was coded this way in the automated system because in the earlier days we accepted the late joiners and they would qualify in session two with the other racers that didn't make it into the first session. I want to point out there is no specific on this split, because it could be half, it could be a set limit of 10 in the faster session, but whichever it is the faster session will always have the same or LESS racers than the slower session to give them a small advantage for getting a good time in warmup.
So session 1 fast drivers session 2 slow to horribly slow drivers?
how many drivers can qualify for a race?
Quote from G!NhO :how many drivers can qualify for a race?

If you read in the rules and stuf you can se the qualy lets 16 poeple race
Quote from Chrisuu01 :If you read in the rules and stuf you can se the qualy lets 16 poeple race

:doh: ok sorry
Quote from G!NhO ::doh: ok sorry

I strongly recommend that you read the rules. Otherwise you will be hopelessly confused during the event and the admins will not be amused about answering a lot of questions that you should already know the answer to. If you don't understand something, post here.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I strongly recommend that you read the rules.

Yeah, someone threw the win away because he didn't read them just last Saturday.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I strongly recommend that you read the rules. Otherwise you will be hopelessly confused during the event and the admins will not be amused about answering a lot of questions that you should already know the answer to. If you don't understand something, post here.

i have read the rules
Does this post mean that there will be a live broadcast?
Hmm the commentaty is always done live and recorded, so Tim and Michael aren't faking his reactions later on the broadcast.

I think it just means deko will replace Michael this time because he won't be available.
What du said. I'm at an interview on Saturday and won't make it back in time. I thought you could all use a break from my voice, so deko will be guest commentator for the Event 2 broadcast, when I get round to making it.
Ok, Gil already told me in the other thread. Sorry.
First Name: Arturs
Last Name: Jonaitis
Username: ennD
Team Name: 4 Stroke Racing Team

Racing Experience: Not many
Other unique / interesting facts: Logitech: MOMO Racing
First Name:Mark
Last Name:Fletcher
Username:fletch248
Team Name:XFusion

Racing Experience: OWRL,BOTT,6HR FE Black
Other unique / interesting facts:g25 no ffb
First Name: Heikki
Last Name: Jaakkola
Username: Hawku
Team Name: spdoRacing

Racing Experience: Owrl, MoE, GFC, Vixen, Lfsws
Sorry Hacku and others who have not shown to an event; but we have strict rules to close the sign-ups after the fourth event, and those who have not competed in one of the 4 can not show up to the finale...

--- Signups Closed ---
This thread is closed

Head-to-Head: Winter Series '09 [FINISHED]
(120 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG