The online racing simulator
2hr Test/Qualifying Event: Drivers' Briefing
Hello drivers,

For nearly all of you, this will be your first race under the IGTC rule set. We use a very extensive and unique set of rules to ensure that the IGTC produces the kind of close and exciting races we like to see, so I encourage you to read them if you haven't already.

Some major points that you should be aware of:

1. Qualifying. The IGTC uses a "hardcore" qualifying mode where you are not allowed to shift-s or shift-p during the entire session. This makes preserving your car very important--if your car is too severely damaged to return to the pits safely, the admins will ask you to pit and your qualifying session will be over. So, to be absolutely clear, once qualifying starts, you may NOT make any setup changes that cannot be made via the F11/F12 menus. We will be running a special application during qualifying that will automate this process by auto-spectating anyone who attempts to join after shift-s/shift-p'ing. Only one driver per team may qualify the car.

2. Race starts/restarts. The race will have a rolling start behind the safety car. The safety car will be driven at approximately 100kph/62mph. Normally, at the final sector line, the SC will accelerate and leave the polesitter in control of the field. In the case of Blackwood, we will start the race on the backstretch (in an attempt to avoid T1 problems), so the SC will pull off in T1, before the chicane. The green flag will be announced via RCMs AND normal chat messages, so it should be visible to all. Some other important notes about the re/starts:

* You MAY NOT weave to warm your tires while behind the SC.
* If you spin while behind the SC you must blend into the queue at the position in which you recover. Other drivers should make room for a car who has spun and recovered.
* Do your best to maintain a steady speed relative to the pack. DO NOT attempt to jump the start--you will be penalized.

3. Blue flag conduct. When being lapped, drive a normal line and give way when a lapping car "shows a nose" with intent to pass. DO NOT drive erratically, slow drastically, or otherwise be unpredictable for a lapping car. When lapping, you must respect the car being lapped, and MUST NOT force the issue. While the lapping car SHOULD move, you should be prepared for the possibility that they may not, and you must show patience.

4. Safety car periods. When a car is flipped on course, runs out of fuel on course, or when an incident involves a majority of cars in the field, the safety car may be deployed and the race will be under a state of full-course caution. All drivers should maintain position and carefully slow to SC speed in a single-file line. All cars ahead of the leader may pass the SC, go around the track, and re-join the end of the queue. Pitting is allowed at any time during the SC periods, but the pit exit will close when the field is passing by. Drivers who exit the pits while they are closed will receive a drive-through penalty via our automated system. Pit open/closed status will be displayed at the bottom-center of your screen. Safety car periods at Blackwood will last a minimum of two full laps behind the SC.

There are a ton more rules that you need to be aware of, so please do give the rules a good read-through.

Thanks, and see you on track tomorrow!

IGTC Admins
#2 - J@tko
So DWB, it's 1 whole lap under SC then release on back straight of Lap 2 correct? Or is it just T1 under SC then release on Lap 1?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and GL everybody - looking forward to it
What is the intended timetable here? Will the race start asap at around 1830, or will there be an unnecessary long break?
#4 - J@tko
Quote from hyntty :What is the intended timetable here? Will the race start asap at around 1830, or will there be an unnecessary long break?

Nice to see you've read the rules timo.......
Quote :
2) Events are held on Saturdays on a monthly basis and are scheduled to last from 18:00 UTC to 23:00 UTC, with the exception of the season-ending 8-hour race.
2.1) Events begin at 18:00 UTC with a 30 minute qualifying session.
2.1.1) The 8-hour race will begin at 14:00 UTC with a 30 minute qualifying session.

2.2) Drivers are given a 15 minute break between Qualifying and Race sessions, from 18:30 to 18:45 UTC.
2.2.1) In the 8-hour race weekend, the break is from 14:30 to 14:45 UTC.
2.3) Races are scheduled to begin at 18:45 UTC and last for 4 hours.
2.3.1) The 8-hour race begins at 14:45 UTC and lasts for 8 hours.

Will someone take the fcv off by tonight? In the server that is.
Quote from hyntty :Will someone take the fcv off by tonight? In the server that is.

It'll be off tonight, since it wasnt in the rules, but it will be turned back on for the rest of the season
What about...
Server and pass Info???

Sorry I didn´t find any info about that.
Noob question. Are disconnects during qualifying handled the same way as one during a race (rejoin and continue), or treated as Shift-S or Shift-P?
#9 - bbman
Quote from NelsonGPV :Server and pass Info???

Yeah, me neither...
Quote from NelsonGPV :Server and pass Info???

passwords will be given in the server during the 15 minute break after qually due to the lateness of the confirmation thread going up.

If anyone is late for qually (after the pass is set) PM me or DWB and we will give you the password through a pm.

Usually passwords would be sent via pm the friday before the race.
Since all teams have been confirmed, i'll be sending out passwords now. Team leaders and co-managers should check their pm inboxes. If no password is recieved by 16:00 UTC please contact me.
Quote from JayEyeBee :Noob question. Are disconnects during qualifying handled the same way as one during a race (rejoin and continue), or treated as Shift-S or Shift-P?

You may re-join after a qualifying disconnect.
no pass did send pm

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG