The online racing simulator
Round 5 - Post-race discussion
Very enjoyable couple of races, had worries about pace, but it all started to come together about 5 laps from the end of the feature race, bit too late .

Still, enjoyed both races very much.
Great race's once more. Starting to get the hang of this more and more. This time 3rd and 3rd. Again best result overall so far.

Quali:
Managed to do a near pb time and even with a better time i don't think i would have been any higher in the grid. Some traffic here and there had some problems finding the right gap to fit in.

Sprint:
Started 4th and managed to overtake Dave in the first corner as he went wide there. Almost went there myself as i was wondering where to brake, but decided that the guy ahead must now so i'll brake there . Then managed to make one try to overtake troy at the end of lap 1, but just not enough overlap. After that little bit of sliding and lost some time there and dave catched right up. So the rest of the race tight battling and trying to keep him behind. With a little bit of luck i managed to keep my position .

Feature:
This time in the passing roulette i managed to stay ahead of dave and troy. And managed to climb up to 1st place was allready pretty optimistic that they both would have lots of traffic and i could gain some time there. Hoping way too much troy was right up in my tail and it was like the sprint all over again. Couple of close calls as i went slightly wide and just couldn't keep the rear end cool enough when trying to push like grazy. Troy was able to pass me on lap 19 and by then dave had gotten right up our tail too. Now i got it i can blame dave for not cathing up quicker so that the two would have started fighting and i could have come out 1st . Well anyway didn't put up so much of a fight with dave as i was hoping he could catch up to troy and maybe i could benefit from that. They both were pushing like mad and i managed to stay in 4sec distance from troy. In the end dave didn't catch up and i lost some more time as i was pushing way too hard and went wide in the mainstraight. All in all a great race.

Gongrats to the winners of both race's Hugo and Troy. See you all in round 7 (cant make it to the 6th).
Enjoyed both races surprisingly, after pre race worries that i had no grip, a set from Dan put me back on track.

Qualifying, i managed to accidentally turn on the Traction Control at some point so i changed my name to give myself a back of the pack penalty, after consulting Dan over vent.
Sprint Race, a couple of good little battles, and was happy to finish a few places into the pack.
Feature Race, I set out to drive smooth and perhaps only lose a couple of places, but i still managed to scorch the rear tyres 10 or so laps in, whilst i had a decent battle with Pettigrew(sp?). Stepped off the pace for a few laps when he finally managed to make the pass to cool the tyres, then drove to make sure i finished 6th.

Looking forward to the next round, the LFS bug is really starting to bite hard again
Quote from GFresh :Qualifying, i managed to accidentally turn on the Traction Control at some point so i changed my name to give myself a back of the pack penalty, after consulting Dan over vent.

Looking forward to the next round, the LFS bug is really starting to bite hard again

Yeah, whats the chances of mapping your vent P.T.T button to the TC button in LFS LMAO .

As for the "LFS bug", I'll make no bones about it, I wish it would bite me, because I am really struggling with LFS motivation ATM, if it weren't for the RSWC, I wouldn't even fire it up
Yeah, lol, i can't believe i managed that, better luck next time.
Feel free to call me a muppet, anyone

It's a shame about you still not feeling it for LFS, i'm sure it'll come back
Qualifying was cut very short for me, as a stray tyre in the chicane sent my car into orbit, though luckily I had managed to put in a safe lap before then.

Race 1 was over at T1 for me. I wasn't sure when to brake, so I ended up leaving it too late, and running a tiny bit wide.

Race 2 was great for me in the opening lap or 2, until a opportunity which opened up infront of me turned out to be disasterous, as the rear end came a little too loose resulting in a nasty lag collision with p1lot. From then on I fought back as much as possible, but in the end my tyres were never cool enough to catch troy at the end.

Congrats to the podium finishers. Here is the replay of race 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?51j11m9ltx5 Does anyone have race 1?
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Quote from speedway :
at this point, may i ask for the ventrilo ip? in case i want to listen to funny british accents next race (PM will do, thx)

Address is the same - vt.fragmaster.net
Port has changed - 3922

Theres the Ventrilo information. Its Frag Masters Ventrilo and our Channel is CRT. Feel free to join any time, we are in here most of the time

Anyway , onto my story.

Quali - Felt i was not going to be upto speed. But being around the mid-field i was pleased.

Race 1 - Hmm , well wasn't expecting the safest race. But to get around T1 then to come into the chicane and find that there was abit of a hickup with 3id which pretty much spent a few drivers back and some into the air ... i wasn't overly pleased. I then spent the last 8 laps trying to catch the field again. I did manage to get 3 places from a bit of a messy mix up with my team mate . but ok

Race 2 - Absolutely Loved it. Starting low down and being pass by the faster guys it wasnt to bad, but then catching you to cars and getting the passes where i wanted them was great , then getting up close to Gfresh I had a bit of a battle on my hands . Then to take and come home in 5th was a nice feeling.

Defo up for the next one Good racing guys
Quote from adamlfs :then getting up close to Gfresh I had a bit of a battle on my hands .

I'll get you next time Adam, next time...

Another bad event for me
Qualified 5th with a pb which was nice.

Sprint race: 3id guys coming together after T1 meant Niall09 was very slow through chicane. Tonnes of collisions and I saw Exodus being flipped off the track I lost a couple of places from that to FZ50s
I had a bit of damage but was able to carry on. Managed to get past Bean0 but couldn't find a way past lococost. Last lap I hit the barrier too hard coming on to the railway straight and it flipped me! Game over

Feature race: Lap 2 and DaveWS tried a pass through the sweeping curves which I didn't expect... collision, and I was sent into the wall with medium damage and at the back of the field. I couldn't face 28 laps carrying this damage so decided to pit - resigned to my fate of being bumped to the back again and playing catch up.
Changed F12 to repair damage and pressed enter to confirm, except that switches it off again (thinking of other sims). Had to pit a second time which put me 1/2 a lap down, and then had the 'joy' of hotlapping for 20 laps which is not what I joined this league for. Passed a couple and finished... oh I don't care

Round 5 - Post-race discussion
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG