For racing, it would add a great deal to the atmosphere if noises from spectators in the grandstands were added, which vary in volume the closer you are to a grandstand. There could also be some more ambient sound FX, such as the occasional air horn, birds etc. Seems fairly simple to implement.
Well, if they keep making games that are good, then I may do just that. If Black Ops turns to be a failure then I probably wouldn't get the next cod game. I do realise it's a very similar game underneath, but I don't see that as a bad thing, as what is underneath was very good to begin with.
Thankfully they've also got a slightly improved map circulation for this game, giving players more choice.
How is it milking the franchise? I think this game looks a lot better than MW2, and if you'd actually bothered to watch in depth multiplayer gameplay, you'd see that many key elements have been completely reworked. (For example cod points to unlock things rather than XP, many new perks and reworked old ones, tonnes of weapons with hundreds of customisation options, dynamic maps, 4 new game modes, built in video editor, contracts, gameplay adjustments, fully controllable killstreaks, innovative new equipment, new equipment system, completely different style of campaign to ANY previous cod game, new zombies mode.....)
Obviously there will be lots of similarities, because it is another CoD game. To most people that is a good thing, as they have all recieved very positive reviews from game critics worldwide. MW2 got a 9.5 rating plus the Editor's Choice award, and I'm fairly confident that Black Ops will be no different. Even if the top video game critics give a game a good review, some people here still don't seem to realise that it might actually be a good game
To be honest, most people who play the call of duty series aren't looking for the most realistic shooter possible. It's a video game, games are supposed to be fun. CoD games have and always will be fun, and they are not realistic shooters, probably because they are not trying to be realistic.
Jesus, get a life, please...The second anyone posts anything critical about the game you bounce right here and back them up. People reading this thread probably like the CoD series, and really don't care about what someone who clearly knows nothing about the game thinks about it.
• 2 Banks for Roberry (With buttons and bribery option) Oh great. More ways for new players to get FXRs within 5 minutes
• Complete Job system (With many jobs)* There aren't that many ways to make original and interesting jobs when you can only really drive round a closed circuit...and where does the asterisk lead to
• Real Lottery (You pick your number; Complete system for accumulated prizes) This has NEVER ever been seen before in any cruise server.
• BC Banc (You can deposit, withdraw and income taxes) Oh wow, simulated taxes....joy :doh:
• Life System (You can die! ) You know what? I love dying in my favourite driving simulator.
• Fixed Radars (With diferent fines according to the speed) Your originality never ceases to amaze me
• Missions System (With 5 diferent missions) I thought you already had jobs. So missions are like, being a secret agent or something?
• Drugs System (You can use drugs to increase your wapon power, health earns and more) This is the most original idea of them all! LFS devs give us an awesome sim with awesome driving physics, so how could we improve it? Add drugs!! :doh:
• Rave Party (You can win random prizes, trafficking ecstasy and more) I'm sorry, what!?
• Pub (You can drink beer, vodka, whisky and more, to increase you KM. Be careful: you can get drunk!) Because in real life drinking adds 1000bhp per unit of alcohol.
• Tow System (With Tickets or Cash tows) I've never seen that before
• VIP System (Increase your earns)** I hope real money isn't involved here...if only the double asterisk led somewhere
• Weapon System (Try kill some officers or another players) Another brilliant idea for the best racing sim in the world. Add weapons with the ability to kill other players. Should make MoE more interesting
• Most Wanted System (Check and kill the most wanted players on server to earn some money) Ahh, so you've just spent an hour evading the toughest chase of your LFS career, and some guy types !kill player. Great.
• Highscore Board (With Cash, Time and KM tops) Yet another feature that has never been seen before.
• Inflation System (Prices vary according to inflation) Oh my god, there's actually something new here! Shame its a bad idea, LFS + Economics = Fail
• Drive License System (Be careful with fines. You can lost your license!) Oh fun, losing my ability to drive my favourite car in a racing sim.
• Independent Car List (See about specific cars) Great, more crap taking up the screen. People can just look here http://www.lfs.net/?page=contents
• General Car List (See all cars prices and licenses) That's not in every single cruise insim that exists...
• Bonus System (Earn prizes with your general KM and driving time) Don't even try and say its original, all of this stuff, especially this has been or is in a cruise server.
• Interactive MOD (95% Buttons and 5% text) A feature I actually like. A clickable interface is actually a good idea.
• Login/Logoff System (You can do login or logoff) Pretty pointless, seeing as your LFS account is for your own use only.
The point i'm making here is that you may think you're being original, but almost everything you've said has been in a cruise server. Except the clickable interface, every 'original' feature is pointless. Starting up another cruise server now is pointless. Everyone has decided where they want to play, and frankly, there's nothing in your insim that would make anyone change their minds.
There are enough servers in LFS, especially cruise servers. What LFS needs is less servers with more people in them; this applies to Race, Drift and Cruise.
Everyone knew it was an alpha before they bought it, so you shouldn't complain. Go play something else if you don't like the development speed. Have some patience, it's done when it's done.
Continually making threads like these is unlikely to make the devs work any faster. LFS has given me more hours of playtime than any other game, and sure it could be developed faster, but whining about it isn't going to solve anything.
It's not actually for the skin comp, but for the edited screenshot competition. My plan is to have the car jump on the BL straight and make it look like santa's sleigh. I will give all credit for the skin however Looking forward to seeing what you come up with JazzOn.
Just because some of your team members earned themselves very long bans. Don't be sore because you and your mate were banned a week ago for ramming
The only person flaming here is you, telling people to get a life etc. We were just asking why someone should spend hours of their time making a skin for an arrogant teenager who can't even be bothered to ask politely
Please could somebody make me a christmas themed skin for the FZ5? The background should be of a night sky, with a few stars, and snow if possible. On the side, just below the driver's window, with a picture of santa's sleigh. Here's the tricky part, if you could make the santa on the side of the car headless, and skin santa's head onto a helmet, so it appears as if santa is driving.
I know it's a lot of work, but i would very grateful if somebody could pull this off for me.
Seeing as many valuable members of the community are talented skinners, i think it would be nice if the LFS dev team would give users the option to purchase more slots for their skins on LFS world. For example they could charge an extra £4 for another 48 skins or so.
Maybe if you had bothered to make an effort creating your thread by spelling things correctly, and trying to appear professional, you might attract some professional skinners.
What incentive do people have to make your team a skin? Making a good skin takes a long time, and not everyone has enough time to sit behind their PC all day making pretty little skins for your drift team.
In demo servers, when i used to play, there were a lot of crashers. Instinctively, people who play on them are more likely to accuse someone who commited a genuine accident of being a crasher as they are used to saying the same to the many, many crashers that exist.
3. No. Leave please unless you have something purposeful/helpful/constructive to the thread and it's OP
4. Learn how to write plurals in english, i think when i was 8 years old i was taught how at school.